Sunday, December 5, 2010

"Signed, SEALED, delivered.....I'M YOURS SD!"

Well, it's final. I just signed my gypsie life away to San Diego for AT LEAST another year.
I'm returning to camp this SUMMER! Just found out they created a special position for me at Wellspring Camp La Jolla, where I get to teach DANCE and FITNESS CLASSES to ALL camps. I also just made it onto Tessandra Chavez's Contemporary Dance Company ''UNITY." I just had a company meeting and I am SO STOKED out of my mind to train with these dancers and learn from these choreographers.
I was at rehearsal the other night (sick) until 2am, but I couldn't but help SMILE! This year has been such a whirlwind for me and all I've ever wanted out of this year is to KNOW WHERE I AM SUPPOSED TO BE. I went home for thanksgiving and HAD SO MUCH FUN, but I never feel like I am needed there. It's an odd feeling. I LOVE MY FAMILY, I PARTY SO HARD WITH MY FRIENDS, but there's always a sense of needing to be somewhere else. And I'm learning to be ok with that...... especially when the cold starts freezing my body solid, it's more than easy for me to PEACE OUT.
As I left the Utah Blizzard, and flew into Sunny San Diego I looked out of the plane window and FELT RELIEVED to be "home." I remember feeling that same way when I would fly back to Oahu. I still miss that island DAILY, but I've learned that those feelings will never go away or lessen. Hawaii will always have 3/4 of my heart. But for now, I know this is where I need to be in order for me to grow and CHANGE! It's been a HUGE CHALLENGE starting over here in a big city, but I know 2011 is going to be a very big EVENTFUL YEAR!.......
I'll Be Back.......... one day!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS NataliE! So glad to hear that and I can't wait to come see you dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats natalie! i think the best thing i ever did was move across the country and start fresh in a city where i didn't know a SOUL. ottawa will always have my heart! oh, and i guess the other best thing i could have done was become broke and unemployed and move back to my parents' basement because then i would have never started hanging out with ben again:) being a bum has its perks i suppose!

    ReplyDelete